17. Robert Quigg VC Memorial7th March 2023
19. Slaghtaverty7th March 2023
Royal Portrush Golf Club, originally called the County Golf Club, was formally opened in 1888. The club was granted permission by The Duke of York (later King George V) in 1892 to use the prefix ‘Royal’ in its name.
In 1895 the club changed its name to Royal Portrush Golf Club. Queen Elizabeth II visited Royal Portrush clubhouse during her 90th birthday tour in 2016.
According to local legend, ‘The War Hollow’ on the golf links at Royal Portrush, was the scene of a battle between the chieftains of the Route and Magnus Barefoot, King of Norway, in AD 1102.
This project is receiving financial support via the District Council Good Relations Programme.