This image shows remnants of the wreck of the Glentow and was submitted to the Uncharted Histories of the Causeway Coast Project by Gordon Watson.
The Glentow was a ship used to export coal from Ballycastle’s coalmines which was wrecked near Fair Head in 1915. After the loss of this ship, in the early 20th century the coalmines went into decline. The Glentow wreck can still be seen at low tide about halfway between Marconi’s Cottage and Fair Head.
This record was collected as part of Causeway Coast and Glens Heritage Trust’s Uncharted Histories of the Causeway Coast Project. Please click here to learn more about this project.