The Funeral of Sorley Boy McDonnell from Dunaneanie Castle to Bonamargy Friary 1589. A watercolour by J.W. Carey painted at the request of Francis Joseph Bigger. Sorley Boy was buried at the Friary in 1589 but his remains were later exhumed and placed in a square wooden chest which now lies in the McDonnell vault at Bonamargy, which was built in 1621, by Sir Randal McDonnell, First Earl of Antrim. Courtesy of Ballycastle Museum.